I like to call these delightful delicacies Lady Balls for two reasons:
1. I’m trying to make friends with balls after a revolt of messages from some of my man-friends about the injustice of my publicly declaring my dislike for balls here (no. 7). What better way to rekindle our friendship than with something delicious that I like to eat.
2. The main ingredient being tahini, is incredibly nutritious for women, especially in support of hormones and their monthly cycles. As borrowed from Mind Body Green the benefits are mind blowing:
10 health benefits of tahini:
- Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- Good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- One of the best sources of calcium out there.
- High in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- Helps to promote healthy cell growth.
- Prevents anemia.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
- Has 20% complete protein, making it a higher protein source than most nuts.
- Easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
- High in unsaturated fat (good fat!)
Incredible Tahini Lady Balls
Now, how to make these babies:
1 jar tahini (340ml)
1 jar honey (340ml)
Desiccated coconut, almond meal + or LSA
Natural dried apricots, chopped (use jar as measure)
Raw almonds, chopped (use jar as measure)
Mix all the ingredients to make a stiff mixture. Add more coconut or almond meal or LSA if necessary to make it nice and firm. Roll into small balls and cover with coconut. Divine!