I am sitting in the passenger seat of my new van, with the intuition to write a letter to you, and tell you everything that’s been happening. And honestly, I have so many things I want to share with you, I barely know where to begin. Not to mention the 55 half-written posts sitting in my draft section, waiting to find a home on the blog one day.
I’ve been up since 5.00am, organising myself to get out of this city before rush hour traffic hits. Plus, just quietly, I am slightly terrified of driving in cities. I’m avoiding the full experience of it at all costs.
There’s so much I want to say. So I’m just going to begin and see what flows out. Let’s go somewhere with this. Here is the start of something new.
- 15 days ago I left my mum’s house on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. It was time to start moving again.
- 13 days ago I flew to Sydney, to reconnect with friends, and work at the Festival of the Wind.
- 3 days ago I purchased a van. A gorgeous deep red Toyota Tarago. Her name is Ruby Tuesday, like the song from the Rolling Stones. I can’t wait for you to meet her when I’ve decked her out. The first thing I bought for her were fairy lights. You know where this is going!
- Yesterday, the fanatically fun #10DaysofFreedom Instagram challenge began, which you guys have given such a wonderful response to! I am so excited to share this adventure with you!
- Today I left Sydney in my van, with a random backpacker called Heiko – to share the driving and fuel, for a race up the east coast to Brisbane. 12 hours of skipping past the beaches that line this part of the world.
- Tomorrow, I go to a little music festival called Manifest, in a secret location.
- 7 days until I announce 2 really exciting new things to inspire and ignite your own journeys. Here’s a clue:
- 10 weeks of delving deep and creating your own brand of freedom. All while joining me in my gypset-van journey.
- In between all of that, I will uncover some kind of route for my journey. Most likely north, north, north to the tropics until the wet season starts and then slowly back down. Cairns, Byron, Sydney, Melbourne are all in my sights.
- 98 days today until the end of the year. It’s time to make sure really are living the life we dream of. Where are you at with that?