We all know how Mercury Retrograde can give us a little kick when things need to change 3 times a year, but honestly, I’d say usually I’ve been able to pretty much cruise through most things without much strife.
Not this time though. This Mercury Retrograde really got my knickers in a twist!
Here’s a little recap of Mercury Retrograde even means, just in case you need a reminder:
Periodically, Mercury appears to slow down, stop, and then move slowly backwards for several weeks, which is what we call retrograde. It does this because Mercury travels faster than the Earth, and it periodically catches up with Earth, passing us by. When Mercury “goes retrograde” it does not actually slow down, stop and move backwards. It only appears to do so.
There are three Mercury Retrograde periods each year, each lasting approximately 3 weeks.
Mercury rules communication, clear thinking, truth and travel, so when the planet goes retrograde all those things go backwards. This is when shit starts happening and people (like me) get all tumbled around by this cosmic interference.
In the past 3 weeks I:
- Broke my phone (and I mean, broke into unusable, unfixable smithereens)!
- Had a fight with my mum.
- Cancelled my trip to Sydney (for many reasons).
- Ended up in hospital for a day (very, very unlike me)!
- Almost bought a new car, and then changed my mind last-minute.
- Ended several friendships that were doing me more harm than good.
- Received emails from men I haven’t seen in YEARS, and really don’t understand why they’re suddenly getting in touch with me. (Mercury Retrograde tends to bring out those unfinished things from the past.)
- Ended an unhealthy on-again – off-again relationship once and for all.
- Had the redesign of my new website delayed.
- Filmed several interviews, and had them all accidentally deleted by the camera.
- Lost all motivation to do anything at all and was about ready to run away and become a nun in Ecuador.
All of these are classic Mercury Retrograde symptoms: travel, relationships, communication and technology.
To be honest, I really resisted it all at first. Until it all became more overwhelming than I could comprehend. At which point I just let it go. And accepted that this is exactly how things are meant to be. No matter what I think, the Universe always has my back and is looking out for me. It was time to let go of those things that just weren’t working.
And now, a few days after the latest retrograde is over, I feel amazing! I feel new, like I’ve been cleansed of all this heavy stuff I was carrying around which I didn’t need. A fresh start, a blank slate on which I can create anything I like. The possibilities are endless!
As I reflect back, I am so grateful, for all the incredible, powerful, sensitive, beautiful women that I have gathered into my life, all around the world. Who stood by me and sent me so much love as I was clumsily and awkwardly making my way through this less-than-graceful period of my life.
Everything happens for a reason, and life isn’t always carrot cake and roses. But all of it is valuable, important, and adding to our growth and life experience which in itself is fulfilling.
What would we do without the contrasts? Life would be boring, uninspiring and grey.
How did you survive this Mercury Retrograde? Did you have amazing stories and revelations unfold?
Image found on Instagram, origin unknown.
Around here, we do things a little differently...
Sign up to join the 10,000+ subscribers to my popular love-drenched notes sent directly to your inbox.
You're signing up to receive emails from Vienda Maria